Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How's It Gonna Be?

Back, am not out yet. Selling leis and searching for two possible volunteer opportunities at schools this summer. Variety School is one option. I volunteered two years ago but service was a requirement at Punahou. Though I do intend to work with special-needs children, I also hope to work with "normal kids" (what is normal these days?) at another school with the intent of further exploring my interest in one day being an educator. And this will also help the kids!

Home is being very difficult on me. Just want to point that out. If this is my slump, then I think I'll be OK. After traveling some ten thousand miles in the past month, maybe it's just readjusting. I do not wish to resume complacency. There is work to be done and knowledge to be gained.

And by the way, when did the Church start making a comeback?

***Side Note:
The German language, Deutsch, comes across to Modern English as being very practical, sometimes not needing prepositions or sometimes articles. Here is an example: "zeitgeist"

Zeit means time and geist means spirit. Combining the two together results as "spirit of the times" There is no need for der, so zeit der geist would not be correct.

Practicality also stretches across to the land of meaning. "Raum" refers to a sizeable amount of space but can also translate to room.

No comments:

Post a Comment