Business school or my never-ending search for truth has caused me to adopt a very peculiar perspective of the world. A general consensus has been reached by the professional world that American society lives in a world diluted by business. The everyday exchange of goods and services allows us to live, as well as to expand. Without it, we would be powerless to the elements and be subject to a crumbling of our pyramid (see Marlowe's hierarchy of needs).
I guess that I miss a time where if there was a problem, we just ate it. Don't worry, I'm taking about the food chain, voluntary (and closet) herbivores included. It's just that sometimes I wish I were out in the forest living off of berries and rainwater. But that cannot be. That lifestyle does not fit in the capitalist model. Land shall be invaded, taken, and dominated. Intricate, interesting, and precious cultures will be absorbed into Mother Culture. I fear assimilation, but it has already happened. I am a convert and can only imagine the silent rage of the transcendentalists. If they knew what the 21st century was like, they would be rolling in their graves.
I cannot help but want to know the truth. I am not the best at it and don't make it a round-the-clock priority, but it is masochistic. Getting closer and closer to the truth is painful, even from a minimalist's approach. I wish originality would just sweep in and save us all, but that takes time. It's almost a generational epiphany. Or rather, things happen after so long that when we experience it for ourselves, it feels invigorating, and somewhat painful. We fill alive. We feel special. And there is a moment where Mother Culture cannot reach us. Instead, it is just a moment with a message that sparks an emotion from our minds. And we feel it pure, untouched by Mother Culture. We are purged and saved in that moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment