Economics IS the dismal science. Perhaps a great factor of unemployment stems from the lack of circulation of money. The problem is finding a solution towards getting large portions of money from higher income peoples, and circulating it back into the economy. One thing college (and perhaps knowledge of home's public school system) has taught me that while the ideal vision of perfection in the education system is a solve all application, it is not perfect because it will not fix our civilizations-run 'circle of life.' Circulating the money is all. Give and take
Haiti has been on the mind, for a little while. I would actually rather be there helping out than going to college, in sooth. Having been conditioned to save money and do nothing with it makes me feel like a bad economist. Actually, I give most moneys to education, textbook sellers, and restaurants. I would very much like to see a study of how much private education helps to circulate money back into the economy. As survival becomes more complex, so do economics.
Note to self - hope I don't sound like the pundit commenters on the Honolulu Advertiser and Star Bulletin
I need to do something with my life while I'm young, but what? I worry more for myself now, then the world. Is that not such a thing to be guilty about? ANYWAY, it's late, almost 2:00am.
Me Ke Aloha Kuu Home O Oahu. Sometimes I think about going back and living out the rest of the good times, but, I know that eventually, I will grow complacent and things will change so fast. Hawaii will be lost.. finally. And emigration will be a necessary option.
On a final side note, I hope that me and my brother can connect more in the future. I care about him but it's incredibly hard to spend time with him as it's impossible to get him out of the house. With me far away, I don't know how things will go but for now, "don't worry" they said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment