I'm glad I didn't have to spear anything today. It would have sucked if I did catch one though, since somewhere on that Makapuu ramp caught on fire, forcing us to turn around and drive on the Kalanianaole 'til Kailua and the Pali and then home. Random aerials ignited into the air, as well as seemingly dud-firecrackers cars ran over. 5+ ambulances passed us by on the freeways. I haven't been scared in a long time but knowing that there's a monstrous tiger shark in the direction we were swimming, though probably 2-3 miles away is still a scare by perception. If your visibility underwater is only a fraction of the length of the beast, doesn't that make you feel like a manini? I'm so used to swimming in the usual spots and it just doesn't seem to process a lot of times that nature is a gargantuan whirlwind of unknown.
I think I am missing roommates and college friends. For some reason, it feels more hectic here than it does there. The reasoning of gratefulness of origin is becoming lost on me as time goes by. Not many people would trade sand for snow, blue skies for misty fog, and the like, but at least for a while more, that is New England is where I'm meant to be. After my NC trip and the semester, then will time to decide what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment