Saturday, July 23, 2011
I still have apprehensions about my old school. Sometimes elitism intimidates me. I know full well that elitism, like any other style or concept, can be used for both good and bad. I fear the future - a time in which I must suck up the oxygen in front of me, walk forward with open palm, and offer myself to this self-perpetuating thing; uber academia. But maybe, by that time, I will be ready. And I won't have to pretend, snub, or do any of the things I said I would never do because they do it. Perhaps I'll have others to do it for me, giving myself the freedom not to do it myself. Pragmatism involves so much evil, and yet, I think that is a surefire way to get something done. This age in which we live in, it's a funny one. No one can persevere as a Howard Roark. Hell, Howard Roark gives us a bad name. It is not sustainable. If I have learned anything, it is simply this: join a side or shadowbox, and then switch. Repeat. It's like a recipe for success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment