Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chilly

Today I met with a fellow kama'aina after a traverse (and according to the OED, "traverse" may be used as both a verb and a noun) via shuttle bus to Harvard Square. It was 43 degrees.

After getting off, I quickly hurried to the Vietnamese restaurant Le's in the Garage to meet my contact. We had beef pho (specifically pho gan) and crispy spring rolls. She told me a lot about City Year and what's to be expected given your choices in the program, although regional location probably is also a big factor too. To be going off on your own, joining a service group that's separate from school is nice. If I do this I hope to make friends and keep the ones here, as a year passing by means tons of people will be gone from Bentley. Kris and everyone else will be seniors. But still, I think it's worth it - just stopping everything for a moment and then doing something helpful. Being the Catcher in the Rye is something everyone wants to do at least once in their life, isn't it?

Chicago is my first choice for location. Which reminds me because I think of how crazy O'Hare is - must see Up in the Air.

--

Tonight it snowed. Know what that means? Pool, Midnight dinner run, Street Fighter 4 (Capital of Thailand - TIGER!!!), snow fights, and blogging. Also guitar playing, seeing as how I now have a Takamine acoustic. It still needs a name.

1:08 34 degrees.
Maybe I'll see the Obamas during the holidays

Flying back soon... and oh yeah, my carbon footprint sucks because I go to college all the way out here.

Will try to make my next post a little bit more interesting
By the way, Google Thomas Kinkade paintings. They are cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment