Business first. I have finished my half-hour pilot script for Surviving Outland. My proudest moment does not come from the realization of completion of a 27pg. script but rather finishing a scene in the story where my protagonist has a very vague, yet symbolic dream. It gives inspiration for other works.
As a writer, I feel accomplished, having undertaken something this different from the usual formal works - poetry, fiction, autobiographical nonsense, etc. On a side note, for the viewers, check out "Villanelles." They are to be appreciated immensely.
--
Around 10 years ago, some kind business (because I don't think it was the state that did it) had an artificial snow event at the entrance of Kahala Times supermarket. They had a small tent with giant lumps of snow under it. My Mom took me, thinking it would be good for me to grasp what snow was like. When I first saw the snow, I became excited and jumped in it. Of course, it was in the mid 80s, if not 90s and the mountains of snow melted at a rapid rate. Equilibrium did not work here. The snow mixed in with the dirt and bacteria on the asphalt, dirt puddles forming. My perception of snow set in as not so magical, or rather, I realized that a Hawaii with snow - with the exception of Mauna Kea - is ridiculous. You can't bring the snow to Hawaii, although it can work the other way around. I wished that I would one day be able to witness snow first hand.
And now, and for the record my second winter, I am immersed in it. That's one wish that came true. Mother nature, for all its retaliations and tantrums, is actually reliable indirectly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha yeah I guess planning stuff with friends is the only good thing about Facebook. Sharing photos is okay, too, but then again there are those kinds of websites. -_-
ReplyDeleteYou're looking into City Year?? That would be such a good experience! I know they have it in LA, although I don't know if you'd want to come here. I was thinking about maybe going back home and working with AmeriCorps after graduation, since they have nature conservation internships in Hawai'i.
Snow!! Haha. Take some pics, all I have for you is rain and it is just gross.