This same sentiment has me thinking back to the beaches stretching from Kahala to Magic Island. Broken beer bottle shards thankfully get dulled by erosion, but provide much paranoia to beach regulars, when seen. It's not causing global warming, but it sure is pissing off Mother Nature some.
Today I actually learned why universal health care is thought of as being economically sound. My Microeconomics teacher showed me how Boston microeconomics have inflated healthcare premiums here. The people who actually need better coverage than others (those that have more of a tendency to get hurt/ill) will be paying for it and yet, the majority of people on medicare will inadvertently create unfair competition. It's like a flock of seagulls at a harbor eating all the bread crumbs people drop. As for the other more unhealthier seagulls, they must spend additional time and energy in catching fish. Hope that analogy serves as good practice. Anyway, with that unfair competition, insurance premiums will raise. More people will drop out, and then those survivors will have to pay even higher premiums. Alas, inflation. And alas, government.
Having become an official taxpayer, (as of this past summer)I surprisingly find myself not caring about the allocation of taxpayer's dollars. The "American people" is always referred to by politicians, and especially the lead money people of the country (Bernanke, Geithner, Romer, Obama). But essentially, we are always at a derivative. What I mean to say is, an imperfect point in time. Our taxpayer's dollars should go to schools, volunteer projects, low income housing, and such, but the cycle keeps going. People will continue to persevere and somehow obtain their needs eventually. It follows the principle of survival from a moral/societal/human perspective (instead of if you're strong, you live one would think, if you work hard in body and mind with good intent, you shall prevail). Mentioning the "cycle", I think of the charkha.

Schoolwork is increasing so I do think that I will not be able to blog as much as if I were at home going to UH, for better or for worse. But stay tuned and Please Kokua (show consideration/contribute)
No comments:
Post a Comment