Friday, April 29, 2011

Vanity

I plan to shave my head when I get back. It's funny because one of my best kept vanities - of which probably many people know - is my hair. Remove my hair and take away my power, like Sampson (in another rant, I'll talk about the Bible and its resurgence in my life; I don't follow any religions, but am interested in religious texts because they are essentially different forms of propaganda). The change will be good, I think. Maybe it will humble me.

School before college humbled me to the point where I was disciplined, smart, and always on my toes. And now, I've grown unchallenged and complacent. Well, that's unfair, isn't it? I simply could not say a word today. Only a momentary glance. And then pain. Lots of it. When will I stop being alone? When I stop being me, but I can't bear not being me. And so, I will go on and on, just like this

No comments:

Post a Comment