If everyone were morally good, would the world be a better place? Yes. Is the existence of a good world likely? No. Is it possible? Yes. I certainly believe so. And I believe in my way. I do not follow any specific creed, faith, or philosophy, but hell, I would rather not think any other way because I earned this.
After seeing former freshmen roommate No. 2 a few times this semester, I can attest to his arrogance, his corruption, and his practical way of looking at life. As they say, "everyone does it. Why can't I?" What is "it", exactly? Cheating a system. I do not particularly believe that I myself am completely innocent, having gamed a system a few times, but it was done out of convenience, not out of any aspiration or shallow doctrine. Indeed, this is how the world works. People lie, cheat, borrow, beg, corrupt, fight, kill, steal, and injure. There is no stopping the amount of bad in the world. I have passive, idealistic notions for what ought to be in this world. It's romanticism, not realism. Maybe it's existentialism. I'm aware of what is, but I simply refuse to see that it has good or bad meaning. It's how things have always been. But I do think it's bad, so scratch that. I don't give a damn about what he thinks and I felt in my time around him years ago that to let him live would be letting a villain grow wings and fangs, ready to tear the fabric of this world. But a wrong cannot solve another wrong without perpetuating some evil deed. And who am I? To name the world imperfect. I was conditioned to believe that things could be constant and like a fool, I still hold on to that dream, despite the fact that I am presented with evidence every single day, confirming the world is quite unconstant. Well then, I shall dance on and on until I die.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment