Two nights ago we listened to Sonic Youth's Superstar cover after painting and doing an iHop run. These are the kinds of things that make college nice
I'm trying not to stress over Accounting (see also: all previous posts), but not because of the fact that the accounting majors have it much harder than we all do.
Get this:
In order to get a CPA certificate, you need 150 credits of schooling, which is why most people go on to grad school, if they wish to major in accounting. Accounting majors who plan to graduate in 4 years probably will lose their marbles by their junior year. However, if you audit like a boss and perfectly answer every question on the CPA, you still won't get your CPA certificate unless you go through school. While education is all very well, why doesn't knowledge precede certification. Knowledge is what merits certification. Plus, once you start work you won't be a manager or at the top. It's your boss that will instruct you from his/her own experiences. He/She carries the responsibility of keeping his/her accountants/auditors up to date with compliance or what-have-you.
People have been stressed by this
--
So, according to my financial aid officer, I won't be able to claim my award of financial aid if I am to take a year off, as it will be replaced with the program's scholarship. I have yet to see whether or not the scholarship only covers financial aid for the final year at Bentley. I must admit, this has me tugging away at my enthusiasm for the program, not because I would just end up breaking even but because I want to stay flexible with my fiscal path towards knowledge - I only get my scholarship credited toward my senior year's tuition. Though finances shouldn't haven't pulled at my enthusiasm for doing volunteer work, I am weighing my options.
Surviving Outland is coming along.
--
This post was supposed to concern sleep and dreams but I'll save that for next time. Maybe I'll do a case study on Joe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
are you planning to take a year off?
ReplyDeleteMaybe. Maybe not. We'll see if I get accepted into the program first. But even then, well, we'll just see
ReplyDelete