Saturday, November 28, 2009

Take Me Home

Mentioned it in an earlier post but the concert sounded amazing as opposed to on recording. Driving back on the H1 with this song playing, warranted a switch to Oldies. 21 Guns

And hey, life goes on. Soon, come winter break, I'll be swimming in the water half a mile from the shore within less than an arm's length from schools of fish, scaling across reef walls with the ocean's swells at 3-4ft (double that for actual wave height), spotting sleeping smart car-sized sea turtles sleeping in coral caves, as well as sharks, walking with friends late at night through the forest looking for haunted houses, walking through Honolulu Chinatown saying "hi" to the people I know and meeting people I don't know, seeing my awesome co-workers from the summer, gazing upon my grandpa's village of Hakalau on the Big Island, and maybe even hiking along the ridge of the valley's up to Ka'au crater. Doing things like that make troubles and worries non-existent, if just for the time being. And the reason why I want to keep going farther and farther away escapes me at this very moment.

1 comment:

  1. We go farther away because that's the only way to know what you really, deeply miss and love

    ReplyDelete