Today, I went to class. Actually, I haven't skipped any classes this semester. For some reason everyone else has. Maybe if there were a case study that showed that kids perform better in class when they take a break, I would legit do that more often. My skip 'tokens' are planned. For a slightly similar analogy, studies have showed that kids do better on tests when there are open windows in the classroom, as opposed to shut ones. Makes sense, right? Claustrophobia, maybe. But it's the sense of freedom and nature - rain or shine - that makes performance on the tests all the more successful.
Now, after paying a visit to my accounting professor, I can guess he was extremely sheltered as a child, and perhaps not given as much attention as was needed. He told me that I'll definitely pass but what he hasn't looked at are our ALEKS quizzes and in-class quizzes. His office is in a mild disarray - stacks of paper on his desks, the shelves, chairs, on the floor, and everywhere else. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it is organized and that it is work in progress (140 students) but I am curious as to his upbringing. It sounds awfully similar to my uncle's. But my Dad and other uncle turned out fine. How is it that someone such as this prof became a prof @ Bentley school for boys n' girls. He sounds much more like an accountant, toiling away the patterned hours, and then indulging in his outlet of listening to opera music, etc. I'm not being snide. I'm just really curious because I've had two profs that were like my uncle - obsessive, compulsive, cynical - somewhat pessimistic. And then again, the first prof was pretty damn good. This other prof is literally in his own world. The words I say go in one ear and then the rest just goes out the other. When walking from the classroom to his office, he talked about Accounting as a profession and the Accountancy department at Bentley. He, of course, knew beforehand that I was an Economics major. Economics and Accounting. Milk and black tar. That's how different they are, but they are relevant sometimes.
Anyway, whoopdeedoo. The hard part of the week is over. Time to watch more of The Sopranos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment