The Colts vs. the Saints. Joe claimed that IND represented the 4 Horsemen. However, because Heaven won and he predicts that Jesus will assume tenure as majordomo of the "zombie apocalypse," it's a lose-lose situation. The game was pretty competitive, and Eli Manning got slapped. Anyway, the part I was interested in - the commercials, they came at somewhat of a loss. I liked the astronomy tower Budweiser commercial and this one I could not figure out.. these guys are driving to a dock with a killer whale in the car, they drift and the whale falls out from the back into the water. That was damn exciting.
Oh, and guess what... I'm going to the Czech Republic and Germany. My application was accepted. I may stay an additional week to meet up with Krisel, otherwise, I can explore on my own. After watching a bit on the Czech Republic, featured on the travel channel, I perceived the country's more modern, urban detail as similar to that of Beijing. OK, so maybe it was one street corner. ANYWAY, I've been learning some basic German here and there, also some fun phrases (e.g. Lassen sie die hunde - release the hounds!).
Am trying to find a writing club/organization in Boston, hopefully Harvard, as that would be convenient. This past weekend I saw Tennessee Williams' Stairs to the Roof, a very interesting self-actualizing play that nonchalantly breaks the 4th Wall several times. I think it's time to get back into the Humanities, liberal arts, literature, stage, etc, at least on my own time. As a writer, I do need to get a feel for New England literature now, and the community that embodies it. We'll see what comes of that.
Lost is tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment