Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stupid natural disasters, my hand hurts, I'm tired. I should go to bed

What a stupid day for Chile - an immature, nascent-punk's way of saying it. Hundreds dead and then Hawaii's tsunami being a dud. I am glad, don't get me wrong. It's just the frequency of the earthquakes, as well as the financial turmoil worldwide is just much ado about everything. I deeply sympathize with Chile and Haiti's situation. But with Chile and them being a 'Fourth World Country' - a country that has no resources or industry that accrue speculative investment value for it - the immediate future seems a little grim. With other African/Middle Eastern countries that we are now paying attention to, there has always been a definite correlation towards US aid/troop deployment and presence of a certain valuable natural resource. Anyway, I know nothing of the Haitian culture but if their values are community-tied, then there is a way. There's always a way.

I finished up writing a book on why Jean Baptiste Say's economic postulations postulate. Specifically, that's 3 pages of 8'11' paper in handwriting, plus 1/2 a page of mistakes in less than 2 hours. Tomorrow (damnit, it's already 2:40) I'll have to write the other essay on GDP. Lovely. Quite smashing. Brilliant. Wunderbar. Because I know I need to do this stuff. I need to get macro in my head so that I can open my eyes even further to it all. NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment