Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Realeconomik, Philosophical musings, Ducks!

I'm going to be cheeky and coin the term "Realeconomik" - a practical and pragmatic approach towards engaging macro phenomena (to perhaps be later used from an administrative/government viewpoint). As Otto Von Bismarck once held Germany together, forming alliances to prevent alliances, as well as quelling internal social instability amongst the populace through 'Realpolitik', the nation now calls for finance minister(s) and consuls that can best facilitate and regulate the institutions that be from forming alliances that would be detrimental to the state. When I type "state", I mean the country, the people. Economic efficiency is not always politically favorable. Many a time, it never is. Tax increases - if businesses can't create jobs from tax breaks, then the government (incompetent, yet never-the-less available) is left to do one better. Anyway, will come back to this soon~

I've come to the realization that the mind is more powerful than genes. Aside from myself, I affirm this through my Mom. The limitations of our physical selves have been constantly outdone by our metaphysical selves - our minds. Our destinies or fates are so much more determined by variables, meaning there is no such thing! It is our minds that give way to the doors that open, but of course, some things are just meant to be.

Today I saw two ducks walking together on a snow-covered field. They both stepped with the same foot at the same time and walked with a kind of metronome, setting them to a casual march, but it still seemed peaceful, their camaraderie. They walked beside each other; together.

No comments:

Post a Comment